Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

Yesterday Shortcake got to celebrate her first Easter in India.

She wore these for all of about two seconds.


The Easter Bunny was living on Tulsa time because her basket didn't show up until she woke up from her afternoon nap. It takes a little more creativity living in a country that doesn't have a Wal-mart with all the ready made baskets lined up in the seasonal aisle, but I enjoyed getting to be a little more creative. I also enjoyed the fact that I can take her with me as I shop for the supplies and she's too little to know what's going on. She's not, however, too little to demand to eat the sucker I bought for her basket right away. Especially given the fact that the store clerk handed it right to her. What if I had been buying it for someone else?
Maybe that's how he sells more sucker
s...


So the creativity part, I had to come up with a way to make grass, so I decided to shred green construction paper through our paper shredder. It worked pretty well and was SUPER cheap, so I highly recommend it, even if you do live in a place where you can buy the sparkly fake kind. I also highly recommend running sheet through and cleaning out all the excess white paper that is stuck in your shredder before you make the grass that is for keeps. Live and learn... To make this plain little basket a little more fun I added a hair clip that she doesn't wear anymore and then of course filled it with some goodies from "QMart," the closest thing we have to a Homeland in our neck of the woods.


She LOVED dying eggs! She dyed her hands too :)





As soon as all the eggs were gone, she just started dunking them in the dye all over again. She made by far the coolest egg by scratching it and then putting it in other colors. Very artsy!
I will post some pictures of her hunting eggs soon! Happy Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment