Monday, May 23, 2011

Mundane Monday

I have been inspired by a couple other bloggers to do a regular (weekly, hopefully) post with pictures from a day in my life. I used Instagram on my phone since I always have my phone with me.

I sure am thankful for sesamestreet.org!

If there's one thing I've learned in India, it's this, blow dry your hair NOW, because you never know when the power will go out :)

I'm not completely dressed without my toe rings. One on each foot means that I'm married.


This is Mark's friend Sid in Friday's newspaper. He's an actor in the local film industry. I guess you could say it's our state's version of Bollywood. Several states in India make movies locally since there are so many different languages spoken here.

Who told her it was OK to get this big, this FAST?!

Construction going on next door to our building. They are breaking up a big boulder to lay a foundation to start building a house. It's LOUD. It's interesting to watch. Shortcake loves to sit and watch them work. They work hard. In the really, really hot weather. The other day one of the workers had a pet monkey on a chain. I have no idea where he got it. Shortcake got to see it. She thought it was pretty funny. Her favorite toy is a stuffed monkey that she got from her aunt on her first trip to the zoo while we were in Ame
rica. Here, the zoo comes to us!



My most favorite meal in all of India! Steamed dosa, it's sort of like a pancake made of rice and lentils served with this spicy lentil and vegetable s
oup called sambar. It's delicious. It's pure vegetarian. It's actually considered a breakfast food. I prefer it for lunch but I could eat it anytime because I love it that much. This steamed version was invented by a very popular local movie star. He's a big deal around here. Steamed dosa is a big deal to me :)


We made a quick stop at my favorite local grocery store to pick up some ingredients for dinner. It has just about everything I need to be able to cook a meal for my family. Qmart, I love you!


Shortcake got an Easter package from her grandparents. In it were two bags of what used to be M&Ms. Sadly, American M&Ms are not made to withstand the Indian heat. They ended up in one solid block by the time they made it halfway around the world to our doorstep. They still taste AWESOME! You just have to have a knife to chip them off before you eat them :)


Happy Monday!







No comments:

Post a Comment