Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tailor Made

One of the awesome perks of living in India is really cheap tailoring. Which I love because if you get a shirt home that doesn't quite fit right, no worries!

Here's the outside of the tailor shop that my friends and I frequent. It is tiny, probably 8 feet by 8 feet, maybe. Those big things in the window are air coolers filled with water. They work a little better than a fan and a little worse than an AC and take up lots of space and flood your living room floor if you forget that you are filling it and leave the water on too long. I'm speaking from experience...

This is our tailor. His last name is Romeo. I don't know how romantic he is, but he's got sewing skills that pay the bills. His sewing machine is manual, not electric, meaning he has to pump a foot pedal to get it to work. I'm sure it's the best option with all the random power outages here though.


Here is Mr. Romeo with his dogs.
They are always laying in the floor of his shop.
I wish I could remember their names...
I will call them Montague and Capulet to stick with the Shakespearean theme of this post.




No comments:

Post a Comment